- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep your candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn your candle near anything that can catch fire.
- Be sure that you place your candle on a stable, heat resistant surface. Keep burning candles away from any drafts.
- Never burn your candle all the way down; leave 1/4 inch of wax in the bottom of the vessel.
- Never touch or move a burning candle when the wax is liquid.
- Use a snuffer when extinguishing your candles to avoid hot wax spattering onto surrounding areas.
- Never use water to extinguish your candle.
- Trim your wick before each burn; this ensures your flame does not smoke or get too high.
Are all the ingredients in Herituals candles organic? Yes, we use all-natural soy wax and chemical-free perfume oils infused with essential oils. We do not use ingredients that are derived from animal products and our soy wax is biodegradable and water soluble.
Why do I need to trim my wicks? Trimming your wick before every burn is very important. If your candle wick is too long it can cause the candle to smoke and blacken the sides of your glass tumbler. We recommend that you cut the wick 1/4 inch using a wick trimmer or small household scissors.
How do I remove the excess wax to reuse the glass jar? If you want to reuse your glass vessel a good way of removing the excess wax is to run hot water into the vessel and add mild dish soap; leave soaking until the wax and wick is loose. Wash your vessel with warm soapy water and a sponge, leave to dry and reuse in any way you want!
What is candle tunneling? Tunneling is a term used to describe when wax near the center of your candle burns deeper than the edges. To avoid this, it is vital that you get your first burn just right. You must burn your candle for a minimum of two hours so the wax can melt to the edge of the vessel; this will help avoid tunneling and creates what is known as a memory ring. Make sure to never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time and allow your candle to fully cool before relighting.
Why isn't the appearance of my candle completely smooth? All our candles are made from all all natural soy wax and they can sometimes differ in appearance. Natural waxes like soy wax contain vegetable oils, these oils are a natural product and reset in a natural form. This is a good indication that our products are free of artificial additives that could enhance the candles appearance. This will not affect the quality or burn time of your candle. We do not use dyes in our candle, but fragrance oils can differ in shade and therefore may tint the wax.